Messier-Bugatti-Dowty (Safran) is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Company capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Messier-Bugatti-Dowty is a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and supports more than 25,000 aircraft making over 40,000 landings every day. The company employs more than 7,000 staff working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
- World leader in the design, manufacture and support of landing gear, partnering ith more than 30 airframers and 900 airline customers.
- Systems integration, and systems equipment, including landing systems, steering, braking and monitoring systems (bakes, wheels, landing gear) as well as EGTSTM, equipping more than 17,000 civil aircraft;
- World leader in carbon brakes, equipping more than 6,800 aircraft in service, and holding more than 51% of market share in this segment;
- World leader in landing gear and system MRO, backed by a network of 10 repair stations, servicing more than 500 customers, with more than 1,200 landing gears maintained and overhauled per year, and more than 10,000 equipment components repaired annually
Management and organiaation
So that our customers have a more comprehensive and streamlined service, our organization is structured into five operational divisions: landing gear and systems integration, wheels and brakes, systems equipment, MRO, EGTS.
By leveraging highly complementary products and technologies, we are able to take a more holistic approach to the business. Yet each division has its own market focus to provide fully tailored solutions for customers.
Certifications and aviation approvals
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty holds statutory approvals for all its activities and its production sites.
Health, Safetey and environment approvals (Group standards, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 certificates)
ISO 9001/AQAP 2110 certificates
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty is the World Leader in Landing Gear Systems:
- 25,000 aircraft equipped
- 30 airframers
- More than 800 airline customers
- Over 40,000 landings per day
- One landing every 2.2 seconds.
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty is the World Leader in Carbon Brakes:
- Supporting over 515 airlines
- More than 5,500 commercial aircraft equipped
- Over 1,150 military aircraft equipped
- Close to 50% market share for mainline commercial jets with carbon brakes.
Messier-Bugatti-Dowty is offering Global Solutions for Landing & Braking Systems Equipment:
- 14,000 civil aircraft equipped
- 400 commercial / military aircraft operators
- 50 military and commercial programs
- 15 airframer customers
- Broad ATA32 capability: Braking Control System, Steering Control System, Monitoring Systems and Landing Gear Extension & Retraction System.